Shopping the web

How online shopping has changed the game of buying things

Photo by Grace McGuire

Photo by Grace McGuire

Story by Sophie Spakes, staff writer

The world is constantly moving at a high speed: fast vehicles, fast interwebs, fast news. But what’s even better is a fast delivery of the things you desire such as clothes, shoes, makeup and even groceries.

Some shopping businesses are exclusive online such as Romwe and Shein. Those two sites in particular offer new user discounts and typically have a sale going on. It may sound like a scam but it’s not, these stores have quality clothes for a cheaper price than higher end brands. They have all kinds of shirts, shoes and accessories for a price no higher than $20.

In other news, Walmart and Target have recently started an online pickup system. You download the Walmart or Target app on your phone, select the pickup mode, pick out what you want and then someone will deliver what you ordered to you so you never have to leave your car.

If you’re a homebody or bored during your lazy Saturday, online shopping is great. You can pick up your phone, tablet or computer and start shopping. On the downside, you don’t get to have that face to face interaction. You don’t get the chance to go out and see whatever the world has in store for you.   

If you are sick and need to pick up medicine, cough drops or a heating pad, car delivery would work for you. This way you don’t have to go into a store when you’re feeling bad and you don’t have to interact with people besides your car hop.

With all of this information, you can now choose what you prefer online or the actual store, and with that comes how you get some of your clothes, shoes, and accessories. So it all boils down to how you like to get your clothing, shoes and home items.

Sophie Spakes, staff writer

Sophie Spakes is a first-year staff writer. She’s also a full-time sister to two younger siblings and one older sister. Sophie has two fur babies — Gypsie, her dog, and Dosa, her horse. Her favorite pastimes include watching YouTube, crying over the ending of a movie, and having a good time with friends. She loves fries and finding new things to listen to (as of today, she likes the band The Lemon Twigs). Sophie’s favorite celebrities include Tom Holland, the whole “Riverdale” cast and the Sister Squad, however basic that may be. She also likes to put a smiley face wherever to spread some happiness.

Grace McGuire, yearbook photo editor

Grace McGuire is a senior and the yearbook photo editor for the 2018-2019 school year. It is her second year on the photography staff. During her free time you can catch her laid up on the couch watching Netflix or out adventuring Texarkana. She also plays soccer for the varsity team her at Texas High. She drives a bright blue lifted jeep that is hard to miss. She is not even a newspooper, but they like her some much that she was asked to write this bio.