Remedies to become festive

Ways to get you in the Christmas spirit

Christmas+garners+festivities+for+many+to+enjoy.+Sophomore+Caden+Rainwater+finished+decorating+this+Christmas+tree.+

Remedies to become festive

Christmas garners festivities for many to enjoy. Sophomore Caden Rainwater finished decorating this Christmas tree.

Photo by Holland Rainwater

Photo by Holland Rainwater

Photo by Holland Rainwater

Story by Peyton Sims, staff writer

A warm fire is burning. Presents sit under the Christmas tree waiting to be opened. You hold hot chocolate while watching snowflakes fall outside. Christmas is a cherished time of the year, but it can be hard to feel festive. Here are some ways to truly get into the Christmas spirit.

Christmas movies

Whether the movie of your choice is  “Elf,”  “A Christmas Story” or you just spend a day on the couch binge watching the Hallmark classics, this is an enjoyable way to relax in the comfort of your own home with family and friends.

Play Christmas music

Everyone has a favorite Christmas song that can get them feeling festive. Some people discreetly listen to “Jingle Bells” with their earbuds in and others blast the song to share the Christmas spirit with everyone.  

Festive candles

This one’s pretty simple; if you light a candle with the scent of your choice, you will create a festive aroma that spreads throughout your home.

Christmas sweaters

The best way to stay cozy is always to find the perfect Christmas sweater. Whether the sweater is a knit, oversized or a casual ugly Christmas sweater, you can begin physically representing the Christmas spirit.

Fuzzy socks

Fuzzy socks come in all forms, but they all end up serving the same purpose— being comfortable and festive. You can sit by the fireplace, warm up and spend time with your family.

Advent calendar

An advent calendar allows you to anticipate Christmas even more. The daily countdown not only reminds you that Christmas day is getting closer, but it also grants you a daily piece of chocolate.

Present shopping

Start buying gifts for friends or loved ones. You don’t have to spend an extravagant amount of money, it’s the thought that counts. By wrapping gifts and setting them under your tree, you will add to your home’s interior festivity.

Do some baking

Maybe you have a family recipe or even just a favorite dessert to fix up when the festive season is approaching. Go in the kitchen, bake an item, bring it for a party or to share with your friends and family.

Considering Christmas is right around the corner, these simple tasks should help you reach the state of festivity you feel like you’re lacking. Whichever remedies you decide to attempt, be sure they are done with Christmas spirit.

Peyton Sims, staff writer

Peyton Sims is a first-year staff writer who refuses to leave her home if she’s not satisfied with her outfit. She loves nature and the animals within...

Holland Rainwater, photographer

Holland Rainwater (also known as flower child or sunshine hippie) is a senior at Texas High School. She loves fashion, sunrises and burritos. She just...