Texas thespians

Story by Connor Powell, staff writer

Theater students will attend the Texas Thespians State Festival at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, on Nov. 16 through the 18.

Texas Thespian Festival is a place for students to compete in theater contests, watch shows, attend workshops and audition for colleges and scholarships.  

This year, the Advanced Theatre Performance class will be competing in the Play Productions Marathon, using “Peter/Wendy” as their competition piece. Actors will be allotted 10 minutes to ‘set’ or place any props on stage, 40 minutes to perform and 10 minutes to ‘strike’ or remove the set pieces from stage.

“I am super excited [because] I’ve never been to a theater workshop or anything of that sort,” sophomore Emma Daniel said. “So I think it’s going to be interesting to see the theater aspect of it.”

Connor Powell, staff writer
Second-year staff writer Connor Powell is a fan of cooking pasta, swimming in random Arkansas creeks, and watching “How to Get Away with Murder.” He holds many titles: actor, chef, and all around talented dude — the only thing he lacks is a driver’s license. His best friend, Molly, is the most important person in...
Joseph Rodgers, news editor
Joseph Rodgers is a student at Texas High whose experiences in the infamous junior year should be featured on the survival show “Man vs Wild.” He checks his grades and his news alerts every half hour due to his always-stay-on-top attitude. His enthusiasm about being the co-news editor has forced him to make a blood covenant...