Dodgeball tournament to be held Dec. 20

Senior Brantley Thompson prepares to throw a ball during last year's tournament. This year's event will be on Dec. 20.

Photo by Alyssa Kift

Photo by Alyssa Kift

Story by Eleanor Schroeder, editor in chief

The third annual Dusty Waldrep Memorial Dodgeball Tournament will take place Wednesday in the Tiger Center at 2 p.m. The profits from the event will go toward the Dusty Waldrep Scholarship that was created after the loss of the student council advisor’s son. The scholarship will go to a senior leadership student at the end of the year.

Teams will consist of five people who register in advance. The cost is 25$ per team, and T-shirts will be available at the event. To sign up and for more information contact Susan Waldrep, Cole Christian or Adam Quinn.

Eleanor Schroeder, editor in chief

Eleanor Schroeder is third year member of the world renowned Tiger Times and a first year Editor-in-Chief. She has a love-hate relationship with Colton and Jay, her co-Print EICs, and expects to act as a mom and peacekeeper between the two most of the time. Eleanor is finally a senior at the glorious Texas High. Despite the grueling junior year, Eleanor survived and is honored to be known as a “Senior Queen” after three years of being an inferior underclassman. During her final year, she hopes to overcome her tendency to procrastinate despite her focus on her grades. She spends her time line dancing in Student Council and line running in soccer. Unbeknownst to many students, Eleanor does not love being asked numerous questions about being a twin, as she has a identical sister on the dark side, aka yearbook. If you mention anything slightly sentimental she will most likely cry, not because she’s sad about leaving THS, but because that means she has to decide what to do with her life. She hopes to be a pediatrician one day, but for now she will fulfill the duties of a high school senior. If you have any life advice, she is more than willing to hear it. [email protected]