Eighth grade orientation on Jan. 22

Students and parents welcome to check out TISD opportunities

Eighth grade orientation on Jan. 22

graphic by Langley Leverett

graphic by Langley Leverett

graphic by Langley Leverett

graphic by Langley Leverett

Story by Grey Johnson, staff writer

The annual 8th Grade Orientation will take place on Jan. 22 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the PAC.

An information session will begin the event and there will be information booths in the Math and Science Building following the opening session to provide additional information. The event is made to inform parents and students of the curriculum and other opportunities at Texas High. It will act as an introduction to Texas High for many students ranging from Texas Middle School to other schools in the area.

“It is kind of our first introduction to our 8th grade students from Texas Middle School and Red Lick and others who plan to come to Texas High School,” Assistant Principal Bettie Stark said. “We bring them over and we talk to them a little about our curriculum and opportunities we have available at Texas High.”

The event will start in the Performing Arts Center, the PAC, where students will receive a presentation over Texas High and its curriculum including a performance by the Texas High Theatre Company. After this, the students and parents will proceed to the Math and Science building where many organizations, clubs, classes and departments will be represented.

“It will start out in the PAC in the Sullivan Center and we’ll come over to the Math and Science building,” Stark said. “We’ll have booths and tables set up for students and parents to get their questions asked about the programs we have here at Texas High School.”

The event is designed to answer questions, provide information and excite students for the next year of school.

“All the different clubs and organizations have the opportunity to have a table for the students to just kind of get them excited to come to Texas High School next year,” Stark said.

About the Writer
Grey Johnson, culture editor

Grey Johnson is a junior who is serving as one of the two culture editors on the newspaper staff. He is quite excited for the position, but nervous at...