Calling all future HighSteppers

Calling all future HighSteppers

Candidates must be sure to attend the informational meeting on Feb. 8, important notices will be explained, and questions are welcome. Graphic by Langley Leverett

Story by Emily McMaster, copy editor

The Texas HighStepper line tryouts will be held after school on Feb. 27 until March 2 at the Tiger Center. Those who are attending Texas High during the 2018-2019 school year and have not been on the team for two years are required to tryout in order to be a member of the team.

“I feel like people should try out for the team because it’s a great opportunity for you to be apart of a lifelong family,” sophomore Raven Ivory said. “You’re able to make new friends and increase your dance ability all at the same time. Being on drill team is hard work at times, but at the end, it’s all worth it because you become a better dancer.”

An information meeting with the team director, Amber Reynolds, will be held Feb. 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Potential candidates and one of their parents or guardians must attend the meeting in order to tryout.  

“Even if someone is unsure of trying out, they should still come to the meeting because no information packets will be given out after the meeting,” Reynolds said. “All tryout information will be given out: all forms required to be turned in, what is expected of the candidate, the tryout process, what can be expected financially and how results are posted.”

About the Writer
Emily McMaster, copy editor

Emily McMaster is officially a senior queen and third year member of Tiger Times. She has finally upgraded from staff member to copy editor. Emily is currently...