Addressing the hard questions

Worldview Weekend conference held at Church on the Rock

Worldview Weekend is a Christian conference held at Church on the Rock, and is geared toward helping believers become more mature in their faith. Admission is free, and doors open on April 27 at 7 p.m. Photo from Churchontherock.org Graphic by Langley Leverett

Story by Lois LeFors, news editor

Worldview Weekend is an event that is primarily based around apologetics and defending the Christian faith. Guest speakers David Pate and Steven Sexton will be discussing theology and addressing the hard questions that so many people ask in regards to Christianity and its beliefs.

The conference will take place at Church on the Rock starting at 7 p.m. on Friday night, and continuing on Saturday morning starting at 9 a.m. People of all ages are welcome to come and dive into the core values that the Gospel stands on and come to understand why Christians believe what they do.

“It’s going to be a discipleship conference,” senior Paige Eaton said. “People need to know more about Jesus and the first place it starts is in schools or in the workplace. I think we as Christians should be more equipped in knowing how the world responds to you and how we should respond to them.”

The mission of this event is to increase people’s faith and in turn teach people how to respond to difficult questions in order for them to lead others to Jesus.

“It’s important to address hard questions because I know that before I was a Christian, I had those same questions” Eaton said. “Now that I believe, I understand that I had to find the answers to those questions before I took another step.”

About the Writer
Lois LeFors, news editor
Lois LeFors is currently participating in her 3rd year in journalism as a senior at Texas High school. She’s been an avid reader since before she can remember; her current favorite author being the one and only Francine Rivers. She finds the human body and all of its intricacies profoundly interesting and thus is pursuing...