Principal Brad Bailey accepts position as TISD Chief Operating Officer

graphic by Victoria Van

graphic by Victoria Van

graphic by Victoria Van

Story by Joseph Rodgers and Victoria Van

After serving as principal for 11 years, Brad Bailey will serve as TISD’s Chief Operating Officer beginning July 1 after former Chief Operating Officer Casey Nichols accepted the position of Superintendent for Ashdown ISD.

I am excited for the new opportunity and look forward to working to help build on the successes Mr. Nichols and his staff have created under his leadership,” Bailey said.

He is grateful for being surrounded with wonderful staff during his tenure and creating a culture of success among the faculty.

It has been a pleasure working alongside the students, staff and parents,” Bailey said. “Together, we have worked to create a level of excellence for Texas High that few schools can challenge.”

The position for principal will be posted on the TISD website today and the Human Resources Department and Superintendent Paul Norton will accept applications through the website.

About the Writers
Joseph Rodgers, editor in chief

Joseph Rodgers is a senior at Texas High School who, for some reason, enjoys not having any free time and basically lives at the school. As the other online editor in chief in the “Dream Team” with Victoria Van, he checks Google Analytics every five minutes, comments on every Trello card on the board, and adds smiley faces to the end of every sentence to ensure he maintains his position of being the “good cop” of newspaper. He looks forward to the prospects of newspaper this year, but admits that there will be major challenges to face as well. Outside of Newspaper, you will find him giving a lecture on Russia’s stance on nuclear proliferation in his Model United Nations club, studying for one of his six AP classes, or completing a portion of the plethora of I-have-to-do-this college applications and scholarships. Currently, he is interested in studying engineering or business in college and then going into the aerospace, medical, business or technology industries. When you see him, give him an encouraging phrase, and that may just be what gets him through the day — or the long night.

Victoria Van, editor in chief

Victoria is one half of the “Dream Team” as online editor in chief of the Tiger Times newspaper with Joseph Rodgers. She’s juggling the responsibilities of Art Club president, HOSA and NAHS vice president and her numerous AP classes. Whenever she’s not staying after school, she can typically be found painting whatever she creatively desires while listening to music off her record player. She lives the double life as a creative artist and nerd. Victoria survives off spicy chicken Ramen noodles and meticulously organizing her vast collection of colorful pens and Post-it notes.

1 Comment

One Response to “Principal Brad Bailey accepts position as TISD Chief Operating Officer”

1. Judy Harrison on June 2nd, 2018 3:31 pm

Congratulations Brad. So proud of your accomplishments. What does your new position include? Sounds like you are going to be busier than ever.

• Principal Brad Bailey accepts position as TISD Chief Operating Officer

Stroke of creativity

Writing for sport

A musical weekend

Restoring the glory

Call it a night