Dupree to be approved as new THS principal

graphic by Victoria Van

graphic by Victoria Van

graphic by Victoria Van

Story by Joseph Rodgers, editor in chief

CORRECTED – The TISD Board of Trustees is expected to approve Carla Dupree for the position of Texas High School Principal on Tuesday at the board meeting. Dupree joined TISD in 2017 as Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction for Texas High School.

Dupree brings to the position five years of teaching experience with Queen City High School and 18 years of administrative experience with 10 of those years as principal at the elementary and secondary levels with Queen City ISD. Dupree received her Bachelor of Arts in English/Speech Communications from Stephen F. Austin State University and holds a Master of Science in Education from Texas A&M University-Commerce, along with Principal Certification.

“Carla [Dupree] is dedicated, enthusiastic and driven to motivate students and teachers to achieve personal, professional and school-wide goals,” superintendent of TISD Paul Norton said. “I have no doubt that she will work well with all to accomplish great things for Texas High.”

Dupree will replace Brad Bailey who will move into the position of Chief Operations Officer for TISD effective July 1.

About the Writer
Joseph Rodgers, news editor
Joseph Rodgers is a student at Texas High whose experiences in the infamous junior year should be featured on the survival show “Man vs Wild.” He checks his grades and his news alerts every half hour due to his always-stay-on-top attitude. His enthusiasm about being the co-news editor has forced him to make a blood covenant...
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Dupree to be approved as new THS principal”

1. LaSonya Rodgers on June 23rd, 2018 5:16 pm

Congratulations Mrs Dupree. I’m happy for you. I thank you for helping my son Darius with his college info. Because we didn’t know which direction to turn. You’re a sweet person. I wish you nothing but the best.

[Reply]

Carla Dupree Reply:

It was my pleasure! I am so thankful I had the chance to get to know Darius this year. He has a bright future ahead of him and such a wonderful spirit. Please keep me updated on his progress, and if I can ever help in the future, just let me know. I will be glad to!

[Reply]

• Dupree to be approved as new THS principal

En garde!

Services to be Saturday for Grace Comer

News on Newk’s

Seniors to remember lost classmates

Former teacher charged with sexual assault