Jamming it out

Back to school dance welcomes high school students

Story by Victoria Van, editor in chief

Lights flash. Music plays. The annual back to school dance is the event of the summer. High school students from all over Texarkana join together at this year’s ‘Space Jam’ dance. Donations from the dance will go to Texas High’s STUCO.  Students are encouraged to wear their favorite jersey for the event on Saturday, Aug. 11.

This year’s dance will be held at Elk’s Lodge on 3702 New Boston Rd from 8 to 11 p.m. All high school students are permitted to participate. Wristbands are being sold from Texas High STUCO students for $10 or can be purchased at the door for $15.

Success from last year’s bash contributed to Texas High’s STUCO in getting funding for the annual state convention and is believed to be an upcoming sellout.

“I hope that everyone can come, have a good time and just kick off the school year on the right foot,” senior Kearstan Williams said. “I also hope that everyone knows they’re welcome and that it brings all the schools in our community together.”

Victoria Van, entertainment editor
Victoria is the co-entertainment editor of the Tiger Times newspaper and is absolutely loving it. She can’t help but correct any grammar mistakes she sees on a story, down to adding a single comma. She plans on going far, far away from home to pursue medical school while still not knowing what the future possesses....
Kaitlyn Gordon, photo editor
Kaitlyn Gordon is an overwhelmed junior at Texas High School who plans to be smiling through the pain of junior year. Kaitlyn probably can’t hear you if you’re talking into her right ear (@ Mr. Smith). She loves photography, computer science, and newspaper; she plans to use these skills to major in computer science in...