Jamming it out

Back to school dance welcomes high school students

Jamming it out

Story by Victoria Van, editor in chief

Lights flash. Music plays. The annual back to school dance is the event of the summer. High school students from all over Texarkana join together at this year’s ‘Space Jam’ dance. Donations from the dance will go to Texas High’s STUCO.  Students are encouraged to wear their favorite jersey for the event on Saturday, Aug. 11.

This year’s dance will be held at Elk’s Lodge on 3702 New Boston Rd from 8 to 11 p.m. All high school students are permitted to participate. Wristbands are being sold from Texas High STUCO students for $10 or can be purchased at the door for $15.

Success from last year’s bash contributed to Texas High’s STUCO in getting funding for the annual state convention and is believed to be an upcoming sellout.

“I hope that everyone can come, have a good time and just kick off the school year on the right foot,” senior Kearstan Williams said. “I also hope that everyone knows they’re welcome and that it brings all the schools in our community together.”

Victoria Van, editor in chief

Victoria is one half of the “Dream Team” as online editor in chief of the Tiger Times newspaper with Joseph Rodgers. She’s juggling the responsibilities...

Kaitlyn Gordon, print photo editor

Kaitlyn Gordon is a senior at Texas High School and probably the only senior who is nowhere near ready to graduate. She is the print newspaper photo editor,...