News on Newk’s

Another new restaurant makes its way to texarkana

Newk's Eatery will open on Dec. 1. The restaurant will serve sandwiches, salads,  and pizzas.

Newk's Eatery will open on Dec. 1. The restaurant will serve sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.

Photo by Creative Commons

Photo by Creative Commons

Story by Cate Rounds, staff writer

Newk’s Eatery has plans to open in Texarkana on Dec. 1. Newks will be joining the list of restaurants like McAlister’s Deli, Julie’s Deli, and Sonic that are near Texas High School. Last year, it was announced that the franchise would add Texarkana as one of its 100 locations in 13 states. The new location will be on the corner of South Cowhorn Creek and Mall Drive.

Many students have been to a Newk’s in other cities although it has not had a Texarkana location in the past.

“I used to live in Shreveport before I moved here to Texarkana in sixth grade,” sophomore Kaili Schroepher said. “I would always go to Newk’s after school and eat a pizza.”

According to the Newk’s website, Newk’s variety of food choices strives to “continually create extraordinary meals and experiences for guests.” Their extensive menu includes pizza, sandwiches, soups and salads. They are famous for the ‘Newks Club’, the ‘Peanut Butter Crispy’, and the ‘Newk’s Q’.

“I personally enjoy pizza and sandwiches and am excited to try out the new Newks,” senior Abby Cannon said. “Hopefully I’ll have a new go-to restaurant.”

Busy students will also have the opportunity to access food quickly before heading out to other activities.

“It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, especially when you’re involved in extracurriculars such as theater,” Cannon said.  “When you have a few minutes to grab food before rehearsal, it’s got to be somewhere quick and close by. I think Newk’s will be the perfect place for students like me.”

About the Writer
Cate Rounds, staff writer
Cate Rounds is a Texas High sophomore and a first-year staff writer for the Tiger Times. Along with being a perfectionist, Cate is also a very big procrastinator. This causes her to be constantly stressed out. She is expecting to survive on late nights and tears. She is a devoted theater kid, and she is...