StuCo to host tenth annual dinner theater fundraiser

Sophomore Trey Lavender performs in the freshman boys dance in last years Dinner Theater. StuCo will host the 10th annual event this Sunday.

Story by Charli Hueter, staff writer

Student Council is hard at work perfecting routines for their upcoming Dinner Theater performance. The show arrives later this month, on Feb. 24, and will feature various grade levels in a combination of classic, feel-good songs. The “no-dinner dinner theater” has become a tradition dear to freshmen and seniors alike.

Initial development for the performance began as early as before Christmas break, in November. Student Council sponsor Susan Waldrep has helped direct and prepare students for nine years now alongside co-sponsor Debbie Nicholas. Together, they assist in appointing choreographers and advising students as they compile the overall playlist.

“Dinner theater is an annual fundraiser for Student Council,” Waldrep said. “We have a lot of really fun acts planned.”

Everyone is encouraged to participate in at least three dances. This allows for all members to get a substantial amount of onstage action. Dances will include anything from traditional Texan line dancing to 20th century pop music.

“Each class has a dance. Each grade level has a dance,” Waldrep said. “There is an all-girl dance and an all-boy dance for each grade level.”

The tickets are $5 for students and $10 for adults. The show will take place in the PAC and, although a complete dinner will not be served, there will be snacks.

“The kids learn a lot,” Waldrep said. “I hope you all come. It’s a lot of fun, and the kids have a lot of fun bonding.”

About the Writer
Charli Hueter, staff writer

Charli Hueter is embarking on her first year within the Texas High Publications staff. She has traded in the old racquet and golf clubs for pen and paper....