One Act Play troupe advances to bi-district

Tiger Theatre Company places second at district competition

Sophomore+Cate+Rounds%2C+junior+Addison+Cross%2C+and+seniors+Rachel+Johnson+and+Abby+Cannon+point+and+gaze+offstage+in+horror.+The+Tiger+Theatre+Company%27s+UIL+One+Act+Play+troupe+placed+second+at+the+district+meet+on+Tuesday.+

Sophomore Cate Rounds, junior Addison Cross, and seniors Rachel Johnson and Abby Cannon point and gaze offstage in horror. The Tiger Theatre Company's UIL One Act Play troupe placed second at the district meet on Tuesday.

Photo by Margaret Debenport

Photo by Margaret Debenport

Photo by Margaret Debenport

Story by Addison Cross, news editor

The Tiger Theatre Company’s UIL One Act Play troupe placed second at the district meet in Sulphur Springs on Tuesday. They will now advance to the bi-district phase of competition.

“I’m super stoked we’re going to bi-district because a lot of us were worried about not advancing,” stage manager Nadia Fryer said. “We have worked tirelessly on this show, and we all deserve the win. We’ve never worked this hard on a production and I’m super proud of this cast and crew.”

The next performance of “The Crucible” will take place around 10 a.m. on March 27 at the bi-district competition in the Sullivan Performing Arts Center at Texas High School.

Addison Cross, news editor

Addison Cross is an up and coming junior, second-year staffer, and news editor — a position she is extremely pumped for. Addison’s hobbies include...

Margaret Debenport, culture editor

Texas High School junior Margaret Debenport lives a chaotic life as a culture editor, photographer and graphics editor for social media. Margaret’s goal...