Wildcats trounce Tigers

Sophomore Alfonso Vargas strikes the ball across the field from the goal box. The Tigers play in Mount Pleasant on Friday, March 9.

Photo by Alexis Runnels

Photo by Alexis Runnels

Story by Celeste Anderson, editor in chief

The Texas High Tigers boys’ soccer team faced off against Sulphur Springs on Tuesday, March 6.

The game began fast, with the ball going back and forth across both sides only to be denied from a net. The Tigers held their defense until 22 minutes left in the first half, when Sulphur Springs scored off of an undefended assist.

The second half began much as the first half did, with neither team losing determination or control. Only with 12 minutes left in the game did Sulphur Springs score its second goal. The Tigers quickly regained their composure, but an unlucky goal with seven minutes left ended the game in a 3-0 victory for Sulphur Springs.

Celeste Anderson, editor in chief
Celeste is a returning member of the Tiger Times staff and is serving as an Editor in Chief. She loves school, and she is open to talking about anything having to do with medicine or the medical field. She is generally very busy, as she is the president of both National Honor Society and Mu Alpha...
Alexis Runnels, photo assignment editor
Alexis is currently having her midlife crisis during her senior year of high school. This is her second year of photography, and she is currently the photo assignments editor. Alexis loves to spend her free time watching Netflix and spending all her money she earns from her job at Plato’s Closet on junk food. She...