Lions succumb to Lady Tigers

Varsity soccer moves to round two of district

Sophomore+Janie+Rounds+goes+after+the+soccer+ball.+The+girls+soccer+team+played+against+the+Greenville+Lions.+

Lions succumb to Lady Tigers

Sophomore Janie Rounds goes after the soccer ball. The girls soccer team played against the Greenville Lions.

Story by Autumn Golden and April Alvarado

The girls’ varsity soccer team won their game against the Greenville Lions with a score of 3-2 on Feb. 26 at Tiger Stadium. This was their last game before the restart of district.

“I think this was a really good game for us to start to come together,” senior Sarah Rogers said. “We’re about to start our second round of district, and now I believe we are more coordinated as a team going into our next set of games.”

Rogers and junior Mya Bowers scored a combination of three goals for the team. The Tigers will face off against Lindale March 8 at 7 p.m. at Tiger Stadium.

“We really started putting all the pieces together for a successful season,” senior Abby Deleon said. “Mount Pleasant is one of our toughest competitors, so if we win this game it’s a big deal, but really what’s important is playing well as a team against tough competitors because that’s what we’re going to need when we enter playoffs.”

About the Writer
Autumn Golden, news editor

Autumn Golden is a senior staff member and the news section editor this year. She spends her free time listening to the same songs over and over again,...