Khalid at TASC State Convention

Khalid performs on the second night of the STAPLES Center Concert, presented by Coca-Cola, during the 2017 BET Experience at LA Live on Friday, June 23, 2017.  (Ricardo DeAratanha/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Khalid performs on the second night of the STAPLES Center Concert, presented by Coca-Cola, during the 2017 BET Experience at LA Live on Friday, June 23, 2017. (Ricardo DeAratanha/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Photo by TNS

Photo by TNS

Story by Joseph Rodgers, news editor

The Texas High Student Council is hosting the annual TASC State Convention April 14-15 in Arlington, TX. Recently, Student Council members began a campaign to bring R&B artist Khalid to the convention to perform.

“In one of the meetings we had discussing Talk with Texans, Mrs. Waldrep stressed the importance of getting well-known artists to come and talk to the gathering of students,” senior Gage McDonald said. “Someone brought up the idea of Khalid and because I run the Student Council Twitter account, I thought it would be a good idea to tweet at him so that we may have a good opportunity to possibly get in touch with him and book him for the conference.”

Student Council’s goal is to obtain as many retweets as possible so Khalid may accept the offer.

“We started to use as many retweets as we possibly could. For now, we have only been able to gather about 150 and have yet to receive a response,” McDonald said. “However, we are still hopeful that he will get in contact and come to the conference.”

Student Council needs their tweet urging Khalid to come to state to be retweeted at https://twitter.com/thighstuco/status/917467224109088769

About the Writer
Joseph Rodgers, news editor
Joseph Rodgers is a student at Texas High whose experiences in the infamous junior year should be featured on the survival show “Man vs Wild.” He checks his grades and his news alerts every half hour due to his always-stay-on-top attitude. His enthusiasm about being the co-news editor has forced him to make a blood covenant...