Crowned Captain

Homecoming queen announced during pregame

Crowned Captain

Senior Sarah Grace Boudreaux smiles as after being named 2018 Homecoming queen before the footbal game against Wylie East. Seniors Grace McGuire and Treyaunna Rush tied in voting and share the Maid of Honor title.

Photo by Kaitlyn Gordon

Photo by Kaitlyn Gordon

Photo by Kaitlyn Gordon

Story by Margaret Debenport and Addison Cross

High heels pinched the grass of Tiger Stadium at Grim Park as the Homecoming Court made their way across the field with a cool November breeze.

Senior Sarah Grace Boudreaux was named the Homecoming queen from the 12 girls on court at the football game against the Wylie East Raiders.

“I’m so excited, I didn’t know it was going to happen,” Boudreaux said. “It was just a great moment. Everyone was cheering, and all my friends are smiling and hugging me, and it was great.”

This weekend is not only Homecoming but the last home game of football season. Boudreaux serves as captain of the Texas Highsteppers and will be performing at Tiger Stadium for the last time tonight.

“It’s really bittersweet. At first I was like ‘I don’t know if I want Homecoming to be my last game’,” Boudreaux said. “But [after winning queen], my last time dancing on the field is going to be great.”

The last home football game has become a night of recalling memories. Boudreaux looks back on her time spent at Tiger Stadium.

“This year has been great,” Boudreaux said. “This is probably cliche, but you know, dancing with all my best friends on the 50 yard line is my favorite memory here at the stadium.”

Seniors Grace McGuire and Treyaunna Rush were both named Maids of Honor.

“I was very shocked. I really didn’t know what to do because it was just really overwhelming,” McGuire said. “I never knew that would happen.”

Rush was unable to walk the field since the volleyball team competed in a playoff game against Midlothian. Rush will be informed of her honor after the game.

“I love Treyaunna, she is one of my favorite people,” McGuire said. “It’s just such an honor to get to share this with her.”

Margaret Debenport, culture editor

Texas High School junior Margaret Debenport lives a chaotic life as a culture editor, photographer and graphics editor for social media. Margaret’s goal...

Addison Cross, news editor

Addison Cross is an up and coming junior, second-year staffer, and news editor — a position she is extremely pumped for. Addison’s hobbies include...

Kaitlyn Gordon, print photo editor

Kaitlyn Gordon is a senior at Texas High School and probably the only senior who is nowhere near ready to graduate. She is the print newspaper photo editor,...