Tacos 4 Texarkana

New taco franchise to open off Cowhorn Creek

Tacos 4 Texarkana

Graphic by Kaitlyn Gordon

Graphic by Kaitlyn Gordon

Graphic by Kaitlyn Gordon

Graphic by Kaitlyn Gordon

Story by Peyton Sims, staff writer

The franchise Tacos 4 Life will make its way into town in December or January on South Cowhorn Creek Loop at Mall Drive and Cowhorn Creek by the soon to come Newk’s Eatery restaurant. The American chain opened in Conway, Arkansas in 2014 and numerous stores have been opened across Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and other southern states ever since.

The Tacos 4 Life owners created the restaurant to raise money to donate to hungry children across the world. Since their opening, 2.2 million meals have been donated to starving children.

“Every time a customer purchases a meal from us, a meal is sent overseas to kids in Honduras, Haiti, Belize and [other countries]. Every year, we hold fundraisers that volunteers and our community help with,” Tacos 4 Life in Conway, Arkansas, employee Crystal Rogers said. “We send bags of rice overseas as well which will provide more meals for the hungry. At the start of November, people are encouraged to bring can goods into our restaurant so we can have an even larger amount of food to donate to kids and families in need.”

They offer a variety of tacos with chicken, seafood, pork, steak and more. They also offer salads, nachos, quesadillas and rice bowls along with a side of your choice.

“I’m really stoked about the restaurant, Tacos 4 Life, to be opening. I love tacos and can’t wait to try some of the new restaurants’ food options once it opens,” sophomore Bailey Reinsch said. “I also heard that the restaurant has a cool vibe to it. Plus, there are not many places to go to in Texarkana, so this gives my friends and I a new place to hang out and eat.”

About the Writer
Peyton Sims, staff writer

Peyton Sims is a first-year staff writer who refuses to leave her home if she’s not satisfied with her outfit. She loves nature and the animals within...