Cat got their tongue

Tigers defeat Hallsville Bobcats 69-49

Cat got their tongue

Sophomore forward Clayton Smith looks to dribble past his defender. The Tigers beat the Hallsville Bobcats at home 69-49.

Photo by Oren Smith

Photo by Oren Smith

Photo by Oren Smith

Story by TJ Wall and Joseph Rodgers

The varsity basketball team hosted and defeated the Hallsville Bobcats on Nov. 27. The game started with the Tigers winning the tip but failing to score on their first possession. Afterward, both teams had significant runs while Tigers forward junior C.J. Kelley, dominated the boards. The first quarter ended with the Tigers leading 14-12.

Kelley and senior forward, Cole Drumm, started the second quarter with a combined total of three blocks as the Tigers continued their offensive momentum for a lead of 36-22.

About halfway through the third quarter, Kelley fired up his teammates and the fans with a putback dunk after a missed shot. At the end of the quarter, the score was 54-36.

In the end, the Tigers won the battle with a final score of 69-49.

“[The rest of our season] looks good,” sophomore Clayton Smith said. “I don’t want to speak on it too much because I haven’t seen some of the teams we play, but so far it is in a positive direction. We kept [our energy] up all night, and that will help us win ball games in the future.”

TJ Wall, sports editor

TJ Wall, also known as “Wheelz,” is an editor of the sports section and is a fun-loving, witty guy who loves sports, music and keeping up with the...

Joseph Rodgers, editor in chief

Joseph Rodgers is a senior at Texas High School who, for some reason, enjoys not having any free time and basically lives at the school. As the other online...